Tuesday 11 March 2008

NEW YORK TAKE II

Not much happening here, still working. Although I did have a rather miserable Saturday in New York. When I left my place it was overcast and damp but I had no idea that meant it torrential rain in NY! Got off the bus in Chinatown (the bus goes from Chinatown Phila to Chinatown NY for $12!) and bought a $3 umbrella – basically useless... it spent more time inside out! I was soaked thru by lunchtime when I got to a design museum near Central Park. tried to get my $10 worth in the shit Cooper-Hewitt Museum but there is only so much ‘Roccoco’ style furniture and paintings one can endure! Bloody curly shitty legs and pattern on chairs and tables... “Can you see the influence of King George Louis the 18 1/2th here on this table leg made by Pierre François de Slutski 142 days after he died?”... I didn’t care! Sorry! Had to get that out of my system.

Then walked across the road to Central Park to the Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis Reservoir and took these pictures... it was kinda eerie how quiet it was...

Have fun without me kids

J




Looking straight across central park to the other side... kinda foggy and creepy looking!
These all look better at full screen...
A New York quackka!



7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Another cool trip to new york. those photos are great. I reckon the pick of them is the one of the footpath - sidewalk to you - with the tree hanging over - beautiful shot.

Everything going well here. Glad to hear the weather isn't as extreme as it is in other parts of the states.

I watched Ramsey's kitchen nightmares last night for the first time. not bad, bit of a laugh, if you run into him tell him I like his work.

Hey have you got a street machine from yesteryear with a silver grey (could be pale pink) pt cruiser on the cover? I've found a bunch in a local book exchange, might pick this one up for you.

That's about it for now. See ya.

G

Anonymous said...

Appears everyone left town for the weekend (or stayed indoors). Only keen Aussies would be out in that weather.

Anonymous said...

That got the comments rolling in! Peter was there any need for that language! (your Aunty Chris) Yes a little Rococo goes a long way.

Anonymous said...

I'm a fan of Ramsey too.

Jake and Dom said...

I waited 3 mins for the last photos... bloody runner was in the way!!

Wish I had stayed indoors too!

And i thought Ramseys was english and did his shows in englishland?? Never seen a show with him over here!

Anonymous said...

what makes you think that was me chris????

pete

Anonymous said...

Hey Jake,
Great photos maybe ur wasting your time drawing should become a professional photographer.
Looks like u are having fun.
One week to go.
See u in July
Sarah xoxo