Tuesday 18 March 2008

LITERATURE

Good morning peoples,

Just thought I'd take a photo of my library in my room... Complete with bookends!!


I've been trying to diversify my reading... so from left to right (and in the order I've read themnsince leaving home):

  • Eight Lives down - British bomb disposal guy tour in Iraq
  • Six Sacred Stones - fiction, current day, action based on ancient relics dating back beyond history
  • Let’s Roll - Written by the wife of u guy who died on 9/11 in the plane that crashed in Pennsylvania
  • A Knights Tale - Sir John Hawkewood - A Knight of the King of England who then defended cities in Italy in the 14th century, fiction based on historical events. Inspired to read/buy it after looking through the Art Museum
  • Winterdance - Written by a guy who trained and raced in the Iditarod - Alaskan snow dog race - funny cause he was ignorant
  • The Brotherhood of the Holy Shroud - Current Day fiction based on the history/protectors/keepers of the Holy Shroud - the cloth that Jesus was buried in. This book got wet in my bag last time I was in NY
  • A Walk in the Woods - 2 guys adventure trying to walk the Appalachian Trail - a 3000km trail through the mountains on up/down the east coast of America
  • A Perfect Storm - The book the movie was based on - Swordfishermen in the Atlantic Ocean in a mother of a storm - haven’t finished it yet, halfway.
  • The Master Sniper - A sniper in WWII who plans to change history with a single bullet... haven’t started it yet. For the plane home I think

Varied enough?? Just did a quick count... about 2800 pages to date... Oh my!

What else am I sposed to do without a tv/radio at home? But apparently I'm not missing out on much.

Have a good Easter every one. No holidays over here for it!

J

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thats a really strong penguin!

Anonymous said...

Thrilled to see you read the book we gave you for Christmas, more news, we love reading your blog.
We are all missing you, especially Dominique, she made a surprise visit Easter Sunday to see your mum and dad.
Anthony is also missing you, he was asking again yesterday when you would be back.
Have a safe flight home.
Love
Tony & Denise, Stephanie & Albert, Marguerite & Matt, Antoinette & Jay, Isabelle, Vivienne and Anthony
xoxoxoxo

Anonymous said...

Good penguin joke.

Its been a lot of fun - not reading your blog but putting in all my hilarious little posts - some of which I actually managed to get up on the page.

Soon coming to an end. Thanks for keeping the blog its been an interesting experience for all concerned.

Try to squeeze one more post up before you head home.

Hope you have a good time at the hockey and a good flight home.

Cheeko

Anonymous said...

Rayyyyyyyy !

I actually worked out how to get a comment up !

Rayyyyyyyy !

Cheeko

Anonymous said...

The penguin line was mine Greg.