Monday 11 February 2008

MY FIRST WEEKEND

My first weekend in town and I did all the 'touristy' things... Here's a few photos. It's hard to get photos with me in (sorry Mum) them cause I'm always the one taking them! Ohwell... I haven't changed!



Indepence Hall, where the Declaration was discussed and signed. I did a tour through the building and saw all the rooms and the exact furniture and table where it was signed by everybody! Interesting but not as significant as it was for all the Americans that were there. This is the tower where the bell used to be.

Liberty bell, hasnt been rung for over 200 years - now it just hangs... Yawn
Stars and Stripes

Some important guy... George Washington or something?

Steps... Pfft... There was always someone who was doing this!

View from the top of the steps back towards the city

Inside the Art Museum (at the top of the stairs). This is some famous painting by Rogier van der Weydon done in 1450AD... Apparently its famous? I've never seen it before though.

Again, some famous self portrait of a dude called Picasso!

Then I found these cool guys... The Arms and Armour wing dating back to the 16th century in England and all through Europe

I spent ages here! Never seen anything like it!

Hundreds of helmets, swords and lances

And maybe 50 suits!


Town Hall... didnt get a chance to see it this weekend, maybe next weekend

Aussie Aussie Aussie!

They had every flag from around the world on Benjamin Franklin Way (the road that led to the Museum)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do another touristy thing and ask another tourist to take your photo. I know you haven't changed I just miss your handsome face.

Anonymous said...

After that rude email, I just had to check in... Rather MOM begged said you might be feeling lonely..

Why would you take a photo of a Commodore, MR FORD? Glad to see you are out and about not moping around your bed sitter. Nice digs, but not bad for 1st time away from home. Thinkn about you
Pete & San